Are You Called to be a Christian Counselor?
Watch this short video.
We have the perfect program for you...
- Worldwide courses online or shipped
- Earn a Bachelor’s, Master’s or Doctorate degree and be licensed with the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA) to do the Lord’s work in this important ministry.
- License-Only program also available for those who do not wish to pursue a degree.
- Affordable, self-paced home study programs to fit every educational background!
Why Students Love Our NCCA Christian Counseling Programs
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges). Order in modules or take one course at a time using our “Easy Go” plan!
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis, no large tuition payments.
- Self-paced home study via books/dvds or online (not all courses are available online) let you proceed at your own pace!
- All course tests are taken online – no proctor requirements!
- Personal NCCA Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Jan McKee, MA, is on staff in our Counseling Center and graduated from this program also. She is also a certified life coach..
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate or License-only programs available. Plus, if you earn one degree we have an attractive “upgrade” program to the next level.
- Curriculum includes NCCA concurrent licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA).
- Ministerial licensing credentials are required by the conclusion of Phase II. If you do not have that, the NCCA has some options for you to consider.
- Accredited program
- Choice of seminaries from the approved list.
Courses you will study...
The NCCA field of study for each degree program or licensing comprises a series of six mandatory Core Courses (three in Phase I and three in Phase II) plus optional choices from Advanced Courses in Phase III to meet the program requirements.
In addition, the Masters and Doctorate degree program have a thesis requirement which involves the preparation of Counselor reports prepared under the guidance of the student’s Clinical Supervisor.
These reports are prepared from interviews conducted with individuals based upon a review of their Arno Profile System report. This methodology is a cornerstone of the NCCA program and is introduced in the Phase I course called “Creation Therapy”.
Got questions? See our FAQ page.
Which Program is Right For You?
Find the best fit for you and click the links for details.
|Your Current Education Level||Recommended Program|
I have a High School Diploma/GED
I have a Bachelors Degree in another discipline
I have a prior Master's Degree in another discipline
I have a Doctoral Degree in another discipline
I do not have a degree or do not desire a degree in Counseling but want to be licensed to counsel
What Our Students Say
Dr. Donald Ibbitson was very welcoming when I was going through my search. Plus, I felt that Above & Beyond Counseling Academy had everything I need to become a Counselor.
I believe the faculty at Above and Beyond Counseling are true to their name. They were professional and go to great lengths to assist you with reaching your goals.
Above and Beyond provides the opportunity to earn a degree through their online program which is convenient for those who are in full time ministry and are unable to do resident education.
I absolutely enjoyed the content of information that was provided to me that allowed me to become a more informed and confident Therapist. I also enjoyed and appreciated the timely response and the great feedback of the instructors.