Lost your password?
Don't have an account? Sign Up

Christian Counseling Degrees / Licensing

Yes. The N.C.C.A. is totally devoted to the Lord and the training is all biblically-based.

A degree and licensing opens many doors of opportunity. Many who enter the program already are involved with their church leadership in a Christian counseling ministry there and wish to better trained and credentialled.

Others may wish to operate an independent ministry in affiliation with a number of area churches who are willing to commission their services. Still others, desire to open an independent counseling ministry in their community under the authority of a church ministry/ordination covering.

The honest answer is that it is basically up to you! The courses are self-paced and we have seen motivated students complete the Masters program in less than a year and PhD students do it in 15 months or sooner! Are you disciplined? Are you good at scheduling your time to study? If so, you can do it quickly!

If you are an ordained, licensed or commissioned minister, you probably can accept remuneration for counseling since most states exempt clergy from having to be state-licensed. However, you need to check your state’s statutes. The N.C.C.A.’s license is national, not state and, like ordination, it is a “Sacred” office.

You can obtain professional liability insurance as a pastoral counselor. These are reasonably priced options, compared to medical professionals. One option to consider is https://hpso.com

Complete the online application. We’ll be back to you in less than two business days with your acceptance and instructions on how to get started.

You do not need state licensing to function as an NCCA-licensed pastoral counselor. Each state has different licensing and certification requirements if you want to be state-licensed (as a Mental Health Counselor, for example) and this program is best suited to those who want to function in a church/ministry environment.

Yes! However, you will be required to be a licensed, commissioned, or ordained minister prior to completion of Phase II of the program (Module D).  There are many options available to you, however, Above & Beyond can offer an option also. Check out the program and requirements: Licensing A&B.

In order to earn a Bachelors degree, you must be a High School graduate or have a GED equivalent. We will need to have a photocopy of your diploma/certificate.

Yes! We have a very attractive “Bachelors to Masters” Upgrade program that will allow you to continue. You can choose to have your Masters from the same institution as your Bachelors Degree or you may select a different one.

If you have earned a Bachelors degree from an accredited institution in any discipline, you should be eligible to pursue a Masters Degree in Clinical Christian Counseling through our Academy. 

Yes! We have a very attractive “Masters to PhD” Upgrade program that will allow you to continue. You can choose to have your PhD from the same institution as your Masters or you may select a different one.

If you have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution in any discipline, you should be eligible to pursue a Doctoral Degree in Clinical Christian Counseling through our Academy. 

Yes, the courses build upon one another and your studies in the License only program are 100% transferable to one of the degree programs.

Depending upon whether you are in the Bachelors, Masters or Doctoral programs, you will select your degree school from the list of available seminaries. You do not attend classes or have to visit these schools; we handle all of the paperwork for you. All of your course work and clinical supervision happens through Above & Beyond Counseling Academy. Depending upon the institution you select, you are normally able to take part in onsite graduation ceremonies if you choose to do so. See the list of NCCA Seminaries.

All of the course study is done in the comfort and privacy of your own home. There is no requirement for onsite classes. The courses will be shipped to you, and some are available online if you choose to study in that format.

Yes! We have many international students in the program. The tuition prices shown include shipping to domestic U.S. locations. The best option is to take online courses – all of the Basic Courses are available online and many of the advanced courses. We can ship internationally for an additional cost.

The NCCA has made most of the courses available for online study and testing. There is no longer a need for “proctored testing”; all tests are taken online. You can always have courses shipped to you (U.S., plus an uplift for international) and you can both online and shipped courses for an additional $50 per course.

We recognize that while the module payments are very affordable compared to other institution’s pricing, some will find it difficult to pay for three courses initially. We have a special “Easy Go” program that will allow you to start with one course only for only $297.

Christian Counseling Guide

Are You Called to Christian Counseling?

Get our free guide "7 Questions to Answer Before Becoming an Christian Counselor" to see how to get started