Who We Are
Above & Beyond Counseling Academy operates under the umbrella of Above & Beyond Counseling Ministries, Inc., a Florida corporation. We were incorporated in 2008 and have been Certified Academic Institution (CAI) with the National Christian Counselors Association since 2009.
With Drs. Richard and Phyllis Arno 2009 – Sarasota FL
NCCA Annual Conference 2023 – Memphis TN
We also operate a Christian Counseling Center which ministers to clients in Florida and worldwide over the internet. Learn more.
Deliverance ministry is a field of focus for us and we have a Deliverance Academy which offers courses and training our five step deliverance ministry process. Learn more.
What We Believe
- We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. A revelation from God to man; the infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- We believe in one God, maker of all things, and being in the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Son of God, Jesus Christ, became incarnate, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true Man.
- We believe all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and are in need of salvation. Salvation has been provided through the shed blood of Jesus Christ for all people. By confessing our sins to God, all will be forgiven and cleansed from all unrighteousness.
- We believe it is the will of God that every believer be filled with the Holy Spirit, as evidenced by the demonstration of God’s power through the gifts of the Holy Spirit, in the work of the Ministry.
- We believe in Divine healing which is provided in the redemptive work of Christ and is available to every believer.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the imminent and blessed hope of the Church.
- We believe there will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works.
- We believe in the imminent, personal, pre-millennial second coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism and the observance of the Lord’s Supper.
- We believe in intensive world evangelism and missionary work in obedience to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We believe in the present-day operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit as taught in the Scriptures.
- We believe in the five-fold ministry of the Apostles, Prophets, Pastors, Teachers, and Evangelists, the foundation of the Church is the ministry of Apostles and Prophets. These callings are the authority gifts to the Church that the saints might be edified and equipped to do every good work.
- We believe in casting out demons in obedience to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ our Lord.