Master's to Doctorate Degree Upgrade in Christian Counseling
Note: This program is for prior Academy Master’s Degree graduates only who want to continue on to earn a Doctorate degree.
Watch this short video.
What you will learn...
Meet Final Program Requirements
- Complete a practicum. This consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student’s community. This practicum will be completed under the supervision of your Clinical Supervisor.
- Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit NCCA annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation.
- Complete individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate’s work with 25 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided by Academy
- Background check completed ($100 fee included in tuition).
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required by the end of Phase II. The NCCA suggests options for gaining that if not already held by the student.
- Licensing level at the completion of the program will be: “NCCA-Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certification“.
Doctorate Program Student Testimonials
Above and Beyond provides the opportunity to earn a degree through their online program which is convenient for those who are in full time ministry and are unable to do resident education.
I absolutely enjoyed the content of information that was provided to me that allowed me to become a more informed and confident Therapist. I also enjoyed and appreciated the timely response and the great feedback of the instructors.
Dr. Chandra McCain
My experience at Above & Beyond was tremendously transformative. It clarified many questions that I struggled with in my spiritual journey. It also gave me tools that others would find beneficial.
Rev. Dr. St. Clair D. Moore
I was very impressed with the level of expertise of the instruction and the authors of the courses. My facilitator was always ready to respond to any questions and assist me with the process. I liked the ability to choose from the abundance of courses, and to set my own pace. I could set my own course of direction depending on my interests.
My overall experience was very pleasant and wonderful because I have learned and achieved so much through this experience. The tremendous support from my supervisor, Dr. Donald was priceless.
W.I (International Student)
I enjoyed the fact that I could work at my own pace and use the online course work at church to improve my practice with the members I was already working with in the specific area of counseling.
Whatever you do take the education as far as you can! God can use this ministry anywhere. I thank the Lord Jesus always for allowing me to find and complete the program.
I especially enjoyed the convenience of pursuing the degree at my own pace. My clinical supervisor, Jan was so very helpful and always promptly responded to my questions!
While in my search for the school that would fit my needs….the initial phone conversation with the Clinical Supervisor, Jan Mckee, confirmed in my spirit that this was the right choice for me.
My overall experience was AMAZING! The guidance, the literature, the process…..all amazing! I feel equipped and prepared to serve God’s people in the aspect of Christian Counseling.