Doctoral Degree in Christian Counseling
Individuals who hold a Masters degree in any discipline (MA, Masters, MBA) from an accredited institution prior to enrollment may elect to complete their requirements for licensure and qualify for a Doctoral degree in Clinical Christian Counseling.
If you already hold a Doctoral Degree in counseling or a related/accepted field, you may qualify for our “2nd Doctoral Degree Program“. Click here for details.
Key Benefits of our Doctoral Degree Program:
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges). See the schedule below. Need a lower cost option? You can start with our “Easy Go” program which lets you order one course at at time in Module A.
- Online or shipped courses; all fees are included in the tuition.
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
- Self-paced home study via books/dvds or optionally online (great for international students!) let you proceed at your own pace!
- Tests are taken online when you are ready.
- Personal Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Dr. Donald J. Ibbitson will be your Clinical Supervisor
- Curriculum includes concurrent licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required prior to submission of Phase II paperwork to the NCCA. Note: this is not a requirement to apply for the program. We have a program available for those students who need help with that later.
- Accredited program
- Choice of seminaries from approved list.
The doctoral program requires successful completion of six (6) Core Courses (three in Phase I & three in Phase II) and eight (8) Advanced Courses (Phase III) selected by the student, plus additional requirements below.
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective Using Temperament
Complete Phase III
- Eight (8) Advanced Courses (selected by student).
- Complete a practicum. This consists of administering the Arno Profile System to 35 persons in the student’s community.
- Respond in writing to 50 ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of examiners.
- Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation.
- Submit a written thesis. This normally consists of thirty-five (35) individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate’s work with 35 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided upon request.
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition).
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved institution.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor.
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required. We have a program available for those students who require that.
- Licensing level upon graduation: NCCA Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certification
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
|A||Phase 1 Courses (3)||$850 *|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II Courses (3)||$850 *|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III: Courses 1 + 2||$600|
|F||Phase III: Courses 3 + 4||$600|
|G||10 APS Reports||$500|
|H||Phase III: Courses 5 + 6||$600|
|I||Phase III: Courses 7 + 8||$600|
|J||Due Before Doctoral Degree||$850|
* Note: “Easy Go” option per course ($297) will cost $891 total for the module.