“Partnering proudly with
the NCCA since 2009″
Doctorate Degree in Christian Counseling
Do you hold an accredited Master’s or Doctorate degree in any discipline? If so, read on or watch the short video.
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges). See the schedule below. Need a lower cost option? You can start with our “Easy Go” program which lets you order one course at at time in Module A.
- Online or shipped courses (U.S. students only). Note that not all courses are available online – Online Courses.
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
- Self-paced home study lets you proceed at your own pace!
- Tests are taken online when you are ready.
- Personal Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Jan McKee, MA will be your Clinical Supervisor
- Curriculum includes concurrent licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Ministerial licensing credentials are required prior to submission of Phase II paperwork to the NCCA. Note: this is not a requirement to apply for the program. We have a program available for those students who need help with that later.
- Accredited program
- Choice your seminaries from approved list.
The doctoral program requires successful completion of six (6) Core Courses (three in Phase I & three in Phase II) and eight (8) Advanced Courses (Phase III) selected by the student, plus additional requirements below.
Do you hold a doctoral degree in another discipline already?
If so, you may qualify for our 2nd PhD Program. Learn more.
Courses You Will Take:
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective Using Temperament
Complete Phase III
- Eight (8) Advanced Courses that you select.
- Complete a practicum. This consists of administering the Arno Profile System to 35 persons in the student’s community.
- Respond in writing to 50 ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of examiners.
- Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation.
- Submit a written thesis. This normally consists of thirty-five (35) individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate’s work with 35 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided upon request.
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition).
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved institution.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor.
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required. We have a program available for those students who require that.
- Licensing level upon graduation: NCCA Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor-Advanced Certification
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
The table below shows tuition for online courses. Additional cost for shipped materials (U.S. only).
|A||Phase 1 Courses (3)||$850|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II Courses (3)||$850|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III: Courses 1 + 2||$600|
|F||Phase III: Courses 3 + 4||$600|
|G||10 APS Reports||$500|
|H||Phase III: Courses 5 + 6||$600|
|I||Phase III: Courses 7 + 8||$600|
|J||Due Before Doctoral Degree||$850|
We Have a Gift for You
Download our Christian Counseling degree guide, “7 Questions to Answer Before Becoming a Christian Counselor”. This informative guide is yours with no obligation.