Masters Clinical Christian Counseling
This is not the current version. Archived 0614.
Have you been thinking about gaining a Masters degree in Christian Counseling?
Check out the key benefits of our affordable, self-paced home study program! The specific details of the Masters program are described below.
Individuals who hold a Bachelors degree prior to enrollment may elect to complete their requirements for licensure and qualify for a Masters Degree in Clinical Christian Counseling. This requires successful completion of six Core Courses (Phase I & Phase II) and four Advanced Courses (Phase III) plus additional requirements below.
Note: After you gain your Masters degree through our program, you are eligible to continue your studies to secure your PhD with us through a special program, the “MA to PhD Upgrade Program“. Click here for info.
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Psychology and Counseling
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
Complete Phase III
- Four (4) Advanced Courses (selected by candidate).
- Complete a practicum. This Consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student’s community.
- Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only).
- Provide required documentation.
- Submit two copies of a written thesis. This normally consists of 25 individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate’s work with 25 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided upon request.
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition)..
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved college. This must be provided when being transferred for the BA and again, for the Masters degree.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor.
- Ministerial credentials (commissioned, licensed or ordained) are required before awarding of the Masters Degree. If you do not currently have credentials, contact us so we can help you.
- Licensing level upon graduation with MA will be NCCA-Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor, per the chart below:
|Education/Highest Degree Attained||NCAA Licensing Level|
|HS Diploma / GED||Certified Pastoral Counselor|
|Bachelors||Licensed Pastoral Counselor|
|Masters||Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor|
|PhD||Licensed Clinical Pastoral CounselorAdvanced Certification|
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
|A||Phase 1 (3 Courses)||$800|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II (3 Courses)||$800|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III:Select 2 Courses||$850|
|F||Phase III:Select 2 Courses||$850|
|G||Due Prior to Masters||$850|