The NCCA (National Christian Counselor Association) requires that all students have ministerial credentials (commission, license or ordination) prior to the completion of Phase II.
The concept of setting aside men and women to ministry is rooted in the Scriptures and has been part of church and ministry practices throughout the ages.
At Above & Beyond Counseling Ministries, we have incorporated provision for licensing (not ordination) of our Counseling students. We provide a spiritual, not legal covering, for qualified students who are committing to use their NCCA training to minister to the Body of Christ. We recognize your calling as a Christian Counselor in the body of Christ. See specific details below.
We do not offer ordination under the ministry.
Licensing from Above & Beyond Counseling Ministries will meet the NCCA requirements for Professional Clinical Membership in their organization.
Requirements for Licensing:
- Registered as a student, actively taking courses in our NCCA Counseling/Degree or Licensing Program and nearing the end of Phase II. Qualified programs include the Doctoral, Masters, Bachelors, or NCCA License-Only Program.
- IMPORTANT: You must be an active member in good standing at a local church. We will require a reference from a member of the pastoral staff via a confidential form we will send.
- Complete the online application for licensing, including the $79 application fee.
- Yearly renewal will require completion of a short online form detailing your activities over the past year, and submission of the renewal fee.
- We will not license individuals who are not students in our program.
- Recommended but not required: Purchase of the Deliverance Training Boot Camp, including completing the online test to earn the “Certificate of Completion.” We believe that deliverance ministry is an important element of being a successful Christian counselor and strongly encourage our students to include this training in their studies.