Masters in Christian Counseling
Have you been thinking about gaining a Masters degree in Christian Counseling? Do you have an accredited Bachelors degree in any discipline? If so, you need to check us out!
Key Benefits of our Masters Program:
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges).
Need help getting started? Order one course only, using our “Easy Go” option.
- Online or shipped courses; all fees are included in the tuition.
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
- Self-paced home study via books/dvds or optionally online (great for international students!) let you proceed at your own pace!
- Tests are taken online when you are ready.
- Personal Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Dr. Donald J. Ibbitson will be your Clinical Supervisor
- If you you want continue and earn a PhD degree we have an attractive “upgrade” program. Learn more: PhD Upgrade program
- Curriculum includes concurrent licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association.
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials available for those students who do not have them.
- Accredited program
- Choice of seminaries from approved list.
Individuals who hold a Bachelors degree prior to enrollment may elect to complete their requirements for licensure and qualify for a Masters Degree in Clinical Christian Counseling. This requires successful completion of six (6) Core Courses (Phase I & Phase II) and four (4) Advanced Courses (Phase III) plus additional requirements below.
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective Using Temperament
Complete Phase III
- Four (4) Advanced Courses selected by student.
- Complete a practicum. This Consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student’s community.
- Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit NCCA annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation.
- Submit two copies of a written thesis. This normally consists of 25 individual reports (case studies) developed from the candidate’s work with 25 persons using the Arno Profile System reports. Format provided upon request.
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition)..
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved college.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor.
- Ministerial credentials (commissioned, licensed or ordained) are required before awarding of the Masters Degree. If you do not currently have credentials, contact us so we can help you.
- Licensing level upon graduation with MA will be NCCA-Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor, per the chart below:
|Education/Highest Degree Attained||NCAA Licensing Level|
|HS Diploma / GED||Certified Pastoral Counselor|
|Bachelors||Licensed Pastoral Counselor|
|Masters||Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor|
|PhD||Licensed Clinical Pastoral CounselorAdvanced Certification|
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
|A||Phase 1 (3 Courses)||$850|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II (3 Courses)||$850|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III: Courses 1 + 2||$850|
|F||Phase III: Courses 3 + 4||$850|
|G||Due Prior to Masters||$850|