Bachelors in Christian Counseling
Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent? If so, you are qualified to enrol in our program to earn a Bachelors in Christian Counseling!
Key Benefits of our Bachelors Program:
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges). Need help getting started? Order one course only, using our “Easy Go” program.
- Online or shipped courses; all fees are included in the tuition.
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
- Self-paced home study via books/dvds or optionally online (great for international students!) let you proceed at your own pace!
- Tests are taken online when you are ready.
- Personal Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Dr. Donald J. Ibbitson will be your Clinical Supervisor
- Is you would like to continue in your studies and earn a Masters Degree, we have an attractive “upgrade” program. Learn more: Masters Upgrade Program.
- Curriculum includes concurrent licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association
- Accredited program
- The Bachelors degree will be awarded by Cornerstone University. See school details on the NCCA Seminaries List.
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective Using Temperament
Complete Phase III
- Six (6) Advanced Courses (selected by studen).
- Complete a practicum. This Consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student’s community. Counselor reports are to be submitted to your Clinical Supervisor.
- Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation. Includes copy of High School Diploma/GED certificate.
- Provide written responses to a 500 Question Open Book Equivalency
Exam on the Bible (Old and New Testament — KJV)
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition)..
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved college.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor. Check with us if you have questions!
- Ministerial credentials (commissioned, licensed or ordained) are required before awarding of the Bachelors Degree. If you do not currently have credentials, contact us so we can help you.
- Licensing level upon graduation with the Bachelors will be NCCA-Licensed Pastoral Counselor, per the chart below:
|Education/Highest Degree Attained||NCAA Licensing Level|
|HS Diploma / GED||Certified Pastoral Counselor|
|Bachelors||Licensed Pastoral Counselor|
|Masters||Licensed Clinical Pastoral Counselor|
|PhD||Licensed Clinical Pastoral CounselorAdvanced Certification|
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
|A||Phase 1 (3 Courses)||$850|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II (3 Courses)||$850|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III (Courses 1 + 2)||$750|
|F||Phase III (Courses 3 + 4)||$750|
|G||Phase III (Courses 5 + 6)||$750|
|H||Due Prior to Bachelors||$800|