“Partnering proudly with
the NCCA since 2009″
Bachelor's Degree in Christian Counseling
Do you have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent? If so, watch the short video at right or read on below….
Key Benefits for You:
- Affordable, modular tuition payments (compare to state/private colleges), per the schedule below. Need a lower cost option? You can start with our “Easy Go” program which lets you order one course at at time in Modules A and C.
- Online or shipped courses (U.S. students only). Note that not all courses are available online – Online Courses.
- You receive courses on a “pay-as-you-go” basis
- Self-paced home study lets you proceed at your own pace! Get more info about distance learning.
- Tests are taken online when you are ready.
- Personal Clinical Supervisor assigned to help you with every phase of the program. Jan McKee, MA will be your Clinical Supervisor
- Is you would like to continue in your studies and earn a Masters Degree, we have an attractive “upgrade” program. Learn more: Masters Upgrade Program.
- Curriculum includes concurrent NCCA licensing with the National Christian Counselors Association (NCCA).
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required prior to submission of Phase II paperwork to the NCCA. Note: this is not a requirement to apply for the program. We have a program available for those students who need help with that later.
- Accredited program
- The Bachelors degree will be awarded by Colorado Theological Seminary. See school details on the NCCA Seminaries List.
Courses You Will Take:
Complete Phase I
- Basic Christian Counseling
- Creation Therapy
- Christian Counseling: Integrating Temperament and Psychology
Complete Phase II
- Mastering Pastoral Counseling
- Temperament Case Studies
- Counseling the Codependent: A Christian Perspective Using Temperament
Complete Phase III
- Six (6) Advanced Courses that you select.
- Complete a practicum. This consists of administering the Arno Profile System to twenty-five (25) persons in the student’s community. Counselor reports are to be submitted to your Clinical Supervisor.
- Respond in writing to fifty (50) ethical questions posed by NCCA’s National Licensing Board of Examiners.
- Submit annual dues of $50 (included in tuition, first year only). The student will also become a member of the Sarasota Academy of Christian Counseling (Creation Therapy course) and the $75 first year fee is included in the student tuition.
- Provide required documentation. Includes copy of High School Diploma/GED certificate.
- Provide written responses to a 500 Question Open Book Equivalency
Exam on the Bible (Old and New Testament — KJV)
- Pay required matriculation and transfer fees (included in tuition)..
- Provide a letter authorizing the transfer of academic records to the approved college.
- The NCCA will conduct a background check (fee included in the tuition) to determine if there are any issues in a person’s past to preclude them from being licensed as a counselor. Applicants with prior felony convictions cannot be licensed.
- Ministerial licensing / ordination credentials are required. We have a program available for those students who require that.
- Licensing level upon graduation with the Bachelors will be NCCA-Licensed Pastoral Counselor.
Application Fee: $75 (non-refundable)
The table below shows tuition for online courses. Additional cost for shipped materials (U.S. only).
|A||Phase 1 (3 Courses)||$850|
|B||10 APS Reports||$500|
|C||Phase II (3 Courses)||$850|
|D||15 APS Reports||$750|
|E||Phase III (Courses 1 + 2)||$750|
|F||Phase III (Courses 3 + 4)||$750|
|G||Phase III (Courses 5 + 6)||$750|
|H||Due Prior to Bachelors||$800|
We Have a Gift for You
Download our Christian Counseling degree guide, “7 Questions to Answer Before Becoming a Christian Counselor”. This informative guide is yours with no obligation.